The developers of Battlefield 4, DICE, have announced that they have launched their new Community Test Environment today and are calling it ‘Community Test Environment’ platform. So far, this “platform” is only available for PC Battlefield players and will be available for Consoles if everything goes well.
In a Q&A, DICE explained the reasons why the Community Test Environment platform came into being and what was its purpose.
When asked about the Community Test Environment, they replied that this is an environment for Premium members only and is a place where players can help DICE test new features, changed/improved content and test new experiments that may or may not come out for other players.
They also said that the purpose of this Community Test Environment was to get their users involved in the testing of the new features and get their feedback before everyone exploits a glitch and ruins the Battlefield community’s playing experience.
This is an awesome way for players to interact with the developers and make Battlefield 4 a better game for everyone. For now, only Premium members can be opt-in to the Community Test Environment until DICE is satisfied with the Community Test Environment.
For Premium Members who want to get into the Community Test Environment, here’s how you can get in:
- First you need to go here
- Read and accept the Terms of Service and Agreement
- Log into Origin with your existing account username and password (your account must have Premium activated in order to proceed)
- Start Origin and download the new Battlefield 4 CTE game client
- Install the Battlelog browser plugin
- Get familiar with the guidelines by visiting the Forums on http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/forum/