As previously announced, a New Game Plus mode is set to arrive for Dishonored 2 with a new update. And now, not only do we have a date for the release of the update, we also have a better idea of what it will bring to the game.
In an official blog post on Bethesda’s website, the developer explains that New Game Plus will be more than just another playthrough with a higher difficulty. This mode, which is unlocked upon completing the game for the first time, will allow players to play as either character, but be able to use the powers of both of them. Yes, one character, both sets of powers.
Additionally, players will start New Game Plus mode with all of the Runes and Bonecharm Traits collected in the first playthrough already intact, and you’ll even be able to re-assign those Runes to whichever powers you want.
Harvey Smith, Co-creative Director at Arkane Studios, had this to say:
“Dishonored players have asked for it, so now New Game Plus is here for Dishonored 2. If you’ve ever wanted to make higher-powered characters, now’s your chance. If you’ve wanted to play Emily Kaldwin with Possession or Devouring Swarm, or Corvo Attano with Domino, now you can. We’ve been having fun with it here at Arkane Studios, and we hope you will too.”
New Game Plus is part of the first of two game updates planned for Dishonored 2, Game Update 1 and Game Update 2. It is set for release on 19th December, 2016, for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the PC.
Full patch notes for Game Update 1 can be found below:
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
Game Update 2 will then arrive in January 2017, and will include two new features, Mission Select and additional Custom Difficulty Settings. More information on Game Update 2 will be revealed soon.