Developer id Software has now released a new update for their game DOOM. This marks the second major patch released for the game, with the first one being released earlier this month.
This update features a number of changes and improvements to the single player campaign, as well as a number of fixes for the multiplayer. It even introduces two new multiplayer game modes, named Sector and Exodus. It also introduces a number of other fixes for both matchmaking and the Snapmap.
The full patch notes can be seen below:
Fixes and Optimizations
- Fixed an issue where performance gradually decreased in the Polar Core level
- Fixed an issue where the Gauss Cannon’s charged mod alt-fire did less damage than the base fire damage
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to unlock the Argent Overload achievement/trophy if they began their progress after the release of Update 1
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to unlock the Tinkering trophy if they began their progress after the release of Update 1 (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to progress weapon and rune masteries after the release of Update 1.
The “What Else Ya Got” achievement/trophy no longer is blocked for those who have not completed the “Double take” challenge.
- Fixed an issue which prevented users from using Combat Shotgun mods when out of shells, with “Rich Get Richer” enabled.
- Multiplayer damage indicators have been removed from the single player mode.
- Fixed an issue where users experienced a crash to desktop while using current NVIDIA drivers. (PC)
- Fixed an issue which prevented users from assigning menu-specific actions to the Steam controller. (PC)
- Added two new multiplayer game modes
- Sector – Capture and Hold
- Exodus – Capture the Flag
Improvements to Matchmaking
- Fixed several cases of party invites not working after the host leaves.
- Improved host migration success rate.
- Fixed issues with network connectivity loss resulting in being unable to join future matches
- when connectivity was restored.
- Improved handling of party peers in the game lobby.
- Fixed several third-person weapon issues (animation shaking, customization not appearing).
- Fixed an issue with the magnetism hack module where power-items would not return to their original position if the player died while in transition.
- Fixed an issue where taunting many times in a row could cause the player’s third-person animation to be stuck in one pose.
- Fixed cases of loading screen tooltips not showing up correctly.
- Fixed issue with Clan Arena and Freeze Tag showing the incorrect amount of player icons on the HUD (top-left player indicators).
- Fixed issue with level up rewards, including level up rewards not being awarded properly).
- Fixed presentation issue in the Intro sequence (disabling weapon GUI being displayed early).
- First person hands customization fixes (fixed some cases where first person hands customization meshes weren’t being shown correctly).
- Fixed duplicate selection boxes in the Challenges screen.
- Fixed issue where the previously played map could be loaded into the playlist again.
- Fixed issue with PS+ offer being shown at an inappropriate time (PS4).
Community HUB Improvements
- Added Find Open Match, a public match browser displaying all available public lobbies
- Added a Recently Played Maps list
- Added ability to Subscribe to maps and browse them from the new Subscribed Maps list
- Improved the Map Browser with additional sorting options
- Added new unlockable images for customizing published maps (11 new backgrounds, 10 new mode icons, 20 new miscellaneous images)
- Added icons on the Map Browser to identify Cloud/Local maps
Editor Functionality Improvements
- Added God Mode and Infinite Ammo as testing settings for map authors
- Added Movement Speed settings in the editor
- Added a customizable Weapon Wheel that allows the player to hold any number of weapons
- Added 30 new Hell themed Modules including indoor and outdoor environments
Increased the number of weapons available by adding the Pistol, the Chainsaw and the Static
- Added Skull Keys, and Hell Barrel
- Added The Unwilling to the available AI
- Added the Mancubus as a selectable Player Demon
- Added new Interactables including the Gore Nest, Hell Tablet, and Tripod Panel, a customizable touch screen panel
- Added weapon-specific ammo to Pickups and AI drop tables
- Added all new Hell Props including a giant demon skull, altars, cauldrons and more
- Added construction props such stone blocks, rocks, columns, and arches for customizing
- Added Launch Pads with logic to control distance, speed, direction, and destination
- Added new FX to accompany the Launch Pads
- Added new Demonic and Origin Hell Voice Speakers
- Updated Speakers to include new instrument sounds
- Added a Switch object which triggers only one output based on a specified index
- Added a Custom Event object which triggers all instances of an event when any instance of it is signaled
- Added three new Filters including Equipment, Weapon, and Cached Entity Filters
Improvements to Logic and Object Functionality
- Weapons now have a property that allows players to pick up weapons when touched
- AI have two new properties to Set Stagger Percentage, and Enable/Disable Stagger
- Players now have the On Health Percentage Reached output
- New style properties have been added to Light objects to create light FX such as blinking, strobe, rotating, and more
- Props and Player Blocking Volumes now have a Static property that will return their
- Network budget value, but will disable all inputs (show, hide, etc) during a match
- Updated the Inventory entity to manage multiple weapons
- Updated Player Loadout object to include Demon Player race selection
- The AI Conductor behavior can now be altered when entering a module
- AI spawning can be inhibited in a module through logic
- Module Environments can be changed during a match with logic
- Friendly AI health bars and POIs can be hidden or shown
- Hazard damage can be set to a Variable
- Color properties are now shown in a color swatch
- A large health bar is now available as an Objective
- Use Alternative AI Drop Table that simulates Campaign drops from demon kills
- Fixed the Spend input to result in a Spend Failure if it causes a Player/Team Resource to fall below zero
- Fixed Player Demon hand jittering
- Fixed the Network cost of Lights. This may result in previous maps having a maxed network budget. Map authors may need to remove other networked objects or use the Static property on Props or Player Blocking Volumes that aren’t altered using logic.
Doom was released worldwide on May 13th, 2016 for the Xbox One ,PlayStation 4 and the PC. The game’s first DLC, named Unto the Evil, is set to release on August the 5th, and will include new multiplayer maps, a new demon, new gear and a number of other customization features.