Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is one of my anticipated titles of the year and I was really happy to finally see some gameplay being shown off. The Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 E3 2016 trailer showed off a fight between Turles and Future Gohan.
Now those of you not familiar with the anime, that’s not Goku. Turles is a completely different character with no relation to Goku. There’s a reasoning for why he looks so much like Kakarot but its too complicated to get into here.
The game is being developed by Dimps, who made the original. Here’s an overview released by publishers Bandai Namco:
It’s Time to Go Super Saiyan!
Developed to fully utilize the power of current generation gaming consoles and PCs, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 builds upon the highly popular Dragon Ball Xenoverse with enhanced graphics that will further immerse players into the largest and most detailed Dragon Ball world ever developed. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will deliver a new hub city and the most character customization choices to date among a multitude of new features and special upgrades. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is scheduled to launch in the Americas in 2016.
- Relive the Dragon Ball story by time traveling and changing historic moments in the Dragon Ball universe
- Next-gen visuals bring the Dragon Ball anime experience to life
- New characters and boss fights
- Brand new hub city 7X the size of the original game with 300 players online at the same time
- More in depth character creation system
- Updates and post launch support for up to one year
Check out the trailer below:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is set to release later this year for PC, Xbox One and PS4.