Fallout 4 is going to be released soon and as the digital pre-load has already been available for the Xbox One users, it needs to be downloaded again in case the game was digitally pre-ordered before or on October 27th and the Xbox One was not utilizing the Instant Power-On mode. In that case, there might be an incorrect “stub file” downloaded for the game that renders the whole pre-load useless forcing the users to download it again. Bethesda recommends to delete the install and re-install it again.
If you meet the criteria for this glitch, which is similar to what 343i Industries shared regarding Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One, then you might need to follow the steps listed below in order to ensure you have the correct pre-load installed on your Xbox One.
- Navigate to My Games & Apps.
- Find the title’s tile in Games.
- With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game.
- In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
- Select Uninstall.
- Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
- Scroll right to the “Ready to Install” section under Games.
- Highlight the title’s tile.
- Press [A] to select.
- Choose Install.
Fallout 4 is set to launch on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One on November 10th, 2015.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.