Fallout 4 has received a major expansion DLC recently titled Far Harbor. This DLC adds a new location to the game along with new story and quests. Unfortunately the performance of this new expansion was rather poor on the PS4 with a frame rate that was uneven during at some key locations.
Bethesda Softworks has now released a brand new fix for Far Harbor DLC that is required in order to improve the performance of this expansion on the PS4. This fix is only available for the PS4 as it was the only platform with massive frame rate drops compared to the Xbox One. You can follow the instructions listed below to install this fix on your PS4.
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
If you have an EU PSN account then you will have to wait for a while until this fix is released, as confirmed by Bethesda.
We will have more information on the EU update to #FarHarbor on PS4 in the very near future. Thank you for your patience.
— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) June 3, 2016
Far Harbor is available now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. It is the latest expansion that was released on May 19th and can be purchased individually or available to those who have bought the Season Pass of the game.