Square Enix has today confirmed the release of Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition. This is the complete version of the game including the Season Pass and a brand new DLC content called the Royal Pack. It is set to launch worldwide on March 6th and can be bought either digitally or retail.
The Royal Edition of Final Fantasy XV will come with the full Season Pass and Royal Pack featuring new DLC content including Insomnia City Ruins, which is a new playable area set during the final chapter of the story. Those who already have the base game or Season Pass can upgrade to the Royal Edition by buying the Royal Pack digitally for $20. Those who haven’t bought the game yet can just purchase the Royal Edition for $50.
The following new features and additions are confirmed to be a part of the Royal Pack.
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The Final Fantasy XV base game
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will be available on the PS4 and Xbox One on March 6th.