Epic Games has released a brand new update for Fortnite today. This update is available to download now on the PS4 and will patch the game to version 1.79. Officially, this patch is for game version 5.41 and it is currently available to download now on all the platforms where you can play Fortnite Battle Royale for free.
The full set of patch notes can be viewed below.
v5.41 Patch Notes
Horde Challenge Week 7 (Save the World)
Many Husks have gathered for this weeks Horde Challenge and this crowd can’t be controlled!
Bowler – Flintlock Launcher (Save the World)
Strike down enemies with the newest weapon in the Flintlock set, spare none!
- CPU optimization for Xbox One (optimized memory copy operations). This is expected to improve performance.
- Optimized file layout on Xbox One to improve streaming performance. This should reduce instances of buildings rendering in late.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
SAVE THE WORLD
Missions + Systems
- Weekly Horde Challenge 7
- This week, deploy your fort against hordes of enemies who are immune to crowd control effects. Stuns, knockbacks and slowing fields won’t help you this time!
- Earn 1500 Gold for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is repeatable for Event Tickets.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to complete Storm Shield Defense side missions.
- The Keen Eyes ability now properly highlights nearby loot.
Weapons + Items
- Bowler Flintlock Launcher added to the Weekly Store.
- Fires cannon balls that damage and knockback groups of enemies.
- The cannon balls can bounce before exploding, damaging nearby enemies with each bounce.
Fortnite Battle Royale is now available to download on the PS4, Xbox One, PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Smartphones.