Epic Games has shared a new Fortnite update version 1.91 (PS4) and patch version 6.22 for the PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Smartphones.
They are releasing this update hot of the heels of the explosive damage controversy that surrounded the new updates released last week. They had to release a hotfix to roll back any changes made to the explosive damage. This update is planned for all platforms and will patch the game to version 6.22, as confirmed by Epic Games.
Fortnite Update Version 1.91 (PS4) Patch Notes v6.22 (PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
Heavy AR (Battle Royale)
This weapon packs a punch! Carry your team with the brand new Heavy Assault Rifle.
Two teams battle it out while Cube Monsters add to the fun in this large team Limited Time Mode.
Fortnite and the NFL are teaming up for the ultimate football face-off. NFL themed Outfits debut in the Store starting November 9 at 7 PM ET. Find out more in our blog.
Jump into the fight with two new Heroes and battle it out against Vlad with a brand new weapon, the Candy Corn LMG!
LIMITED TIME EVENT: TEAM TERROR
Monsters have invaded the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
LIMITED TIME EVENT: BLITZ!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
- Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
- Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
- 3.75 Fire Rate
- Has a magazine size of 25
- The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
- Storm max damage cap changed back to 8 damage from 10 damage.
- Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.
Fortnite is getting a collaboration with NFL that will feature new outfits for the players. You can read more details about it from here, but it is not expected to go live with today’s update.
Fortnite Battle Royale is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. You can also download and play it on iOS and Android devices including Smartphones.