Fortnite update version 1.94 for PS4 and patch 7.0 for PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch is out now. Here are the full patch notes for it.
Fortnite season 7 has kicked off starting today. This marks the end of Season 6 which started in October. The new additions this time is a creative mode that was teased earlier, and many new types of vehicles, weapons, skins, and events to kick-start Season 7 for Fortnite Battle Royale.
The Battle Royale portion of the patch notes can be viewed in detail below.
Fortnite Update Version 1.94 (PS4) Patch Notes 7.0 (PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- X-4 Stormwing Plane
- 5 total seats.
- Seats 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot.
- Has a mounted machine gun. Be careful, it can overheat.
- Players will go into the skydiving state when exiting the X-4 Stormwing.
- Use the roll buttons for sharp turns.
- Pressing both will fly upside down.
- Double tapping roll buttons will do a barrel roll.
- Can boost and airbrake for extra mobility.
- 5 total seats.
- Balloons have been reworked so that while they are equipped, it is possible to use weapons and items.
- Players can attach up to 3 Balloons to their back, lifting off the ground when the 3rd Balloon is attached.
- Press jump while in the air to release Balloons one at a time.
- Reduced stack size from 20 to 10.
- Updated scope crosshair on Scoped AR and Thermal AR.
- Vaulted Items
- Note: Each new season gives us an opportunity to evaluate the current item rotation. Our goal is to have a reasonable number of items to learn, while avoiding duplicates or overlapping functionality. Based on recent (and upcoming) item additions, we’ve selected the following for vaulting.
- Shadow Stones
- Double Barrel Shotgun
- Shockwave Grenade
- Map Updated
- New Biome: Iceberg
- New Location: Frosty Flights
- New Location: Polar Peak
- New Location: Happy Hamlet
- Other unnamed Points of Interest (POIs) have also appeared across the island.
- Icy Surfaces can be found in snowy areas.
- Players will slide on certain frozen surfaces.
- Ziplines can be found around the Iceberg and near Expedition Outposts.
- Latch on and zip from one end to the other.
- Aim, fire, or use items all while conveniently traveling on Ziplines.
- Minimap updated.
- Increased the chance of final circles ending on the outer edges of the map.
- Fixed a bug causing weapon impact effects to play when shooting friendly players, even though no damage was being dealt.
- New Tournament: Explorer Pop-Up Cup
- Material cap set to 700/500/300 for Wood/Stone/Metal.
- Players receive 100/50/50 Wood/Stone/Metal on elimination.
- Resource rate increased by 40%
- +50 effective health on elimination.
- Safezone Changes
- Increased chances of Supply Drops in later circles.
- Circle 9 now travels twice as far but takes twice as long to close.
- Some tournaments will now feature a limit on the number of matches that can be played during an event session.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from receiving elimination rewards if a player they downed was eliminated by the Down-But-Not-Out timer ending or if their team was fully eliminated.
- Optimized spawning pickups when a player is eliminated.
- Optimized the performance of the Dynamite fuse.
- Switch audio performance improvements – falling sounds no longer hitch.
- Minor Switch rendering optimizations to help general framerate.
- Reduced the volume of bullet and pickaxe impact audio on the starting island.
- Added a hit notification audio cue when a vehicle you’re riding in recieves damage.
- Fixed an issue that would cause in-air glider audio to continue playing when eliminating a gliding player.
- Fixed an issue that would cause vehicle audio loops to get stuck on.
- Fixed “crackling” audio heard on Mobile/Switch when shooting weapons or emoting.
- The Calamity, Dire, Ragnarok, and Drift Challenges have been moved to a new section at the bottom of the Challenges tab.
- Added filtering and updated the layout of the Locker.
- Vehicle Damage Numbers have been added!
- Vehicles now have a unique damage number pop color and show damage numbers.
- Polished the Store layout to support a larger number of tiles without needing to scroll.
- Minor update to the player feedback UI to add reporting categories and a list of other players in the current or last-played match.
- Fixed Battle Pass information from being displayed in the Lobby tab for players that have not purchased a Battle Pass.
- Fixed the header entry in the daily Challenges screen to work correctly when clicked.
- Moved the Nvidia Highlights button to the top right of the Battle Royale lobby to avoid conflicts with chat click zone.
- Fixed an issue where the Two Factor Authentication screen could sometimes cause input to become unresponsive.
- Nameplates will no longer sit above other HUD elements, such as the map.
- 60 FPS enabled on the iPad Pro 2018.
- 4x MSAA Anti-Aliasing turned back on for iOS.
- Improved performance on all Galaxy Note 9 devices as well as the North American variant of the Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Added support for the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018).
- Fixed the black border on the iPad Pro 2018.
- Fixed graphics settings on previous supported iPad Pro models.
- Fixed incorrect quality settings for iPad 6th Generation.
- Fixed occasional shadow flickerings in the game lobby.
To get the full details around the changes for Season 7 of Fortnite, please visit the official Epic Games website.
Fortnite is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Smartphones.