Fortnite has been updated to version 1.96 today which is patch 7.01 for the PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Here’s what is included in this update.
Epic Games has released the latest update to Fortnite which patches the game to version 7.01 on all platforms. It will be downloaded as a new update version 1.96 on the PS4. This is the second update since the launch of Season 7 on the PS4, the last one was for a hotfix that resolved some of the issues with the game.
Fortnite Update Version 1.96 (PS4) Patch Notes v7.01 (PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
LIMITED TIME MODE: CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only weapons in this mode are Shotgun variants.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun variants are spawned as floor loot.
- The Storm moves in more quickly than normal at mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Infinity Blade
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.\
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
- X-4 Stormwing
- When a plane is shot down, the driver and all passengers of that plane will now take 25 damage from the explosion.
- Speculative fix for players moving after being eliminated.
- Fixed players being ejected from vehicles if they lost the icy feet effect.
For the full patch notes on Creative and Save the World mode, you can view the official blog post here.
Fortnite is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Smartphones.