Fortnite update version 1.97 (PS4) patch 7.10 is out now for PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Here are the full patch notes for it.
Fortnite has continued on its week 2 with this brand new update to version 7.10. Fortnite season 7 brings more new content to the game with holiday-themed events while Epic Games has removed the Infinity Blade due to its overpowered nature. The new update is available to download now on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and should be live for the Smartphones as well.
Fortnite update version 1.97 patch notes 7.10 can be read in full detail below.
Fortnite Update Version 1.97 (PS4) Patch Notes (PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
14 Days of Fortnite
Explore new Challenges, play in new and old LTM’s, and unlock rewards in this seasonal event, starting December 19!
LIMITED TIME MODES: 14 DAYS OF FORTNITE
The 14 Days of Fortnite event will feature both new and returning LTMs. Large team modes switch every two days and small team modes rotate every 24 hours.
Starting December 19, log in each day at 9 AM ET(1400 UTC) to find out which modes are available to explore. Let us know which LTM is your favorite on our social channels!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Heavy Assault Rifle Changes:
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Assault Rifle while not aiming down sights; aiming down sight gameplay remains roughly the same
- Increased ADS accuracy bonus by 10%
- Increased accuracy while standing still by 10%
- Reduced vertical recoil by 6%
- Base accuracy reduced by 30%
- Reduced accuracy while jumping and falling by 60%
- Improved Balloon controls
- While in the air, Balloons can be released by pressing the ‘Crouch’ keybind(formerly the ‘Jump’ keybind).
- Players can again use Alt-Fire to release a Balloon when the Balloon item is selected.
- For modes it’s available in, the height at which glider redeploy is available has been decreased from 1000 units to 576 units.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to pick up live Dynamite through structures.
- Ground vehicles now slide on icy surfaces.
- Eliminations from “no-scoping” enemies with Sniper Rifles now shows up in the elimination feed.
- Sticking a landing on all 4 wheels with a vehicle will no longer damage the player inside.
- It’s now easier to pick up items dropped near a Mounted Turret.
- Stormwings now take 50% more damage from hitting objects.
- Boosting now reduces the damage taken from impacts by 50%, previously boosting prevented all impact damage.
- Damage done to players that are in a Stormwing when it’s shot down has been increased from 25 to 50
- Damage is dealt directly to health.
- Stormwings will now take more damage from destroying structures by running through them.
- Holding a movement key while confirming an edit will no longer force the player to continue moving in the direction of the key they were holding.
- Mounted Turrets will no longer be briefly teleported under the map and then returned to their original location.
- Various Zipline fixes
- Zipline animations no longer briefly play every time a player jumps after building underneath a Zipline.
- Players should retain proper momentum when latching onto a Zipline. This will fix the issue where it appears a player is “jittery/rubberbanding” or receives a perceived speed boost immediately after latching onto the Zipline.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to sprint if they emote while on a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become detached from the Zipline right after seeing the animation above their head.
- The Zipline pulley will no longer remain in the world after eliminating a player while they were riding on it.
- Fixed an issue where players would get flung across the map.
- Added sounds and effects when a ziplining player smashes through structures.
- Improved attach collision around Ziplines.
- Fixed regressions with the “Auto Pick Up Weapons” option
- Added additional dates for Explorer Pop-Up Cups and Friday Night Fortnite
- Explorer Pop-Up Cups
- Resource caps adjusted from 700/500/300 to 500/500/500 for wood/stone/metal.
- Resource gains on eliminations adjusted from 100/50/50 to 50/50/50 for wood/stone/metal.
- We’re continuing to make adjustments on these values in an attempt to find a healthy balance, please let us know your feedback!
- Fixed an issue where Traps were not granting elimination rewards in Explorer Pop-Up Cup.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent time trial Challenges from recording player completion times.
- Players should no longer see an occasional “Please Wait” message that blocks them from starting Challenge games in Playgrounds.
- GPU performance improvements when view distances are far. This should improve resolution on consoles and in some cases, frame rate.
- Minor improvements were made to performance for emote music playback.
- Addressed movement corrections sometimes are seen when players jump
- Improved the performance of some gliders
- Improved winter biome ambient audio.
- Reduced the volume of Quad Crasher boost sounds.
- Fixed Victory Royale sound effects being different on mobile/Switch.
- Players can now preview loading screen cosmetics in the front end by pushing the key bound to the “preview” action “Full Screen”
- Added a vehicle health bar above the player shield bar.
- Fixed an issue where a short snippet of the currently equipped Music item could be heard when previewing a different Music item
- Fixed an occasional crash when viewing event tiles on the consoles.
ART + ANIMATION
- Zenith has his own idle animation in the lobby.
- Lynx has her own idle animation in the lobby.
- Phone It In now plays for 15 seconds in the lobby
- Dab for days with the new emoting power of the Infinite Dab in the lobby!
- Lasts 10 hours.
Fortnite is available now with a free-to-play Battle Royale mode on the PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Smartphones.