Fortnite update version 2.00 (PS4) patch 7.30 is out now for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC. Get the full details about it below.
Epic Games has shared the patch notes for this new Fortnite update version 2.00 for the PS4. The official patch version is 7.30 for the PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Fortnite update version 2.00 is a major update for all platforms. It optimizes the performance of the game on the Nintendo Switch, adds plenty of new weapons and items, and also starts some limited time events that are available starting this week. The update also expands its support on Smartphones.
The full patch notes for Fortnite update version 2.00 for PS4, patch 7.30 for PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch can be viewed below.
Fortnite Update Version 2.00 (PS4) Patch Notes 7.30 (PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
- Added notification sounds for matchmaking that can play even when the game is inactive or minimized. This can be configured under “Allow Background Audio” in the settings menu.
- Adjusted the timing code for automatic weapons to reduce the effect that frame rates have on fire rates.
- Fixed an issue where some car destruction visual effects were not rotated properly, causing the car’s position to visibly jump once the car was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue preventing building repair animations from fully playing in some cases when being damaged and repaired simultaneously.
- The “leafy” particle effects no longer permanently remain on players after moving through corn fields.
- Fixed an issue where some audio sources would be audible over shorter distances than other platforms.
- Switch Optimization (Battle Royale + Creative)
- Moved to a more efficient memory allocator on Switch; significantly reducing crashes due to out of memory.
- Reduced hitches on Switch caused by garbage collection.
- Improved level streaming performance on Switch, speeding up building load times.
- Increased texture pool size on Switch by 100MB to reduce issues with blurry textures.
- GPU performance improvements for Switch – improved screen resolution.
- Doubled the limit for the number of cosmetics that can be displayed on the screen as we now have more free memory.
- Mobile Optimizations (Battle Royale + Creative)
- Enabled 60 FPS mode:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant)
- Huawei Honor View 20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Enabled client-side prediction for high-end mobile devices in order to reduce networking/movement correction hitches.
- Optimized most weapon-based projectiles.
Mobile Controller Support
Bluetooth controller support has arrived in mobile on supported devices! Drop in and earn a Victory in a whole new way.
Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold
All things that glitter are gold in this Limited Time Mode! All weapon spawns are Legendary with increased material gathering. Drop in now and earn that Victory Royale.
- All weapon drops are Legendary.
- Increased amount of materials received from gathering.
Weapons + Items
- Chiller Grenade
- The Chiller Grenade will knock players back, causing them to slide along the ground.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with the Chiller Grenade will slip around with icy feet/wheels for a duration of 7 seconds.
- Drops in stacks of 3.
- Max stack size of 6.
- Common rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot and Vending Machines.
- Cozy Campfire – Updated Visuals
- We’ve updated the visual effects of Cozy Campfires to more clearly indicate when a campfire is in use or burnt out.
- Bolt-action Sniper Rifle
- Burst Rifle
- Heavy Shotgun
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
- Suppressed SMG
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
- Reduced the drop chance of Dual Pistol from floor loot from 2.24% to 1.38%.
- Bug Fixes
- Balloons no longer collide with vehicles.
- This resolves an issue where vehicles could be damaged when using Balloons while on a vehicle.
- Memory and networking optimization for Apples and Mushrooms.
- Added unique vehicle specific messages in the feed when players are eliminated or downed.
- Edit Delay
- Re-enabled client-side editing improvements.
- These were turned off in 7.20 due to an input bug they were causing.
- Fixed Boogie Bombs not affecting players that are wearing the Sneaky Snowman when struck on exposed legs/feet.
- Fixed Sneaky Snowman’s last charge breaking away right after applying if another Sneaky Snowman is present in a different inventory slot.
- Fixed an issue where the glider would auto-deploy closer to the ground than expected when holding glider redeploy from the bus.
- Fixed the X-4 Stormwing’s health bar occasionally not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a Sneaky Snowman if it landed next to them.
- Increased the amount of materials gained from looting Chests and Floor Loot from 20 to 30.
- Increased the number of materials received from Supply Drops from 40 to 60.
- Aim assist now targets enemies on vehicles rather than the base of the vehicles they’re occupying.
- Quickly switching to Traps then weapons on gamepads no longer causes players to shoot or swing pickaxes.
- Supply Drop balloons now take environmental damage, including damage from explosives or biplanes gun.
- Fixed instances of a free wall piece showing as placeable but not building.
- Fixed player cameras from becoming distorted when another player enters a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue where the magnet on the Zipline could be invisible on use.
- Fixed an issue where boost visual effects could appear while operating a vehicle near a Zipline.
- Players can now properly progress through and complete the Week 4 “Use an X-4 Stormwing plane in different matches” Challenge.
- Screens no longer shake uncontrollably after after walking on icy surfaces.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to turn the X-4 Stormwing after hitting terrain/structures.
- The Guided Missile has been removed from Playgrounds.
- Removed the Spiky Stadium Supply Drop.
- This will remove the ability to loot the Spiky Stadium as well as Impulse Grenades.
- This was done due to an issue that was sending players back to the Lobby.
- New Tournament Added: Architect Pop-Up Cup (Solo, Duo, and Squads)
- Settings from previous Pop-Up Cup tournaments still apply to this tournament.
- Within this mode, player built structures can now be edited by any player, regardless of team status.
- This is an experiment that we’d like to try out in this testing environment, but aren’t quite sure of the full impact. We’d love to hear feedback from your experiences playing with this change.
- Tournaments may now feature leaderboards for each event session, highlighting top performers.
- Participating in tournaments now requires a minimum account level of 10.
- Smoothed out drops in framerate that could happen with large changes in view direction and rendered character counts.
- Added a fuse sound to the Grenade.
- Fixed emote music overlapping with lobby music depending on the way volume sliders were configured.
- Show total party eliminations on the HUD if your team wins.
- Added additional models to the “Cycle Models” list when viewing Wraps in the Battle Pass or Item Shop.
- The party colors have been restored to Blue, Red, Purple, and Yellow. To distinguish players in LTMs like Food Fight.
- There are new icons for non-squad teammates and the opponent icons on the minimap.
- Rotating the camera on the Battle Bus no longer has an oscillating/swimming effect on the minimap.
- Fixed an issue in the Net Debug UI that would cause it to show a ping value that was too high.
- Fixed issue where weapons were not equipping when double-clicking in the inventory after swapping their quickbar slots.
- Fix an issue where teammates scores would not be displayed.
- Fixed incorrect elimination count information occurring in large team modes.
- Fixed player sorting order in the player reporting UI.
- Fixed an issue where some of the leaderboard UI could sometimes blink repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Spectator’ button in the Player Reporting menu would only select the first player you spectated.
- Fixed an issue where the playlist selection screen could sometimes show an incorrect selection after leaving a party.
- Fixed a display issue with the item pick-up prompt that would sometimes occur after opening an ammo box.
- Fix lobby preview lengths of Pumpernickel, Running Man, Dance Therapy, and Hot Marat emotes.
Art + Animation
- Celebrate Super Bowl LIII with new Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots uniforms added to the Fourth Down Outfit set. Drop in and represent your favorite team!
- All players who previously purchased the Fourth Down set will be granted these variants.
- Fixed weapon animations playing twice for each shot fired in replays.
- Fixed an issue where camera/lens settings could display incorrect initial values.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to play an out of date replay selects another replay.
- Fixed players appearing jittery while using Ziplines in replays.
- Fixed Boombox music not playing when watching replays.