Fortnite update version 2.42 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Here are the full patch notes for this update.
Epic Games has stopped releasing patch notes for updates to Fortnite that they deem minor or mainly for bug fixes. This has continued on with the last update and the same is the case this week. Fortunately, we do know which fixes were being worked on before the release of this new update.
Fortnite Update Version 2.42 Full Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch)
Here are the issues that were being worked on by Epic Games ahead of Fortnite 2.42 update. (via)
- Mission Challenges incorrectly display 14,000 XP.
- Controller input not working properly for Friends search.
- Players with “Auto Pick Up Weapon” enabled can automatically pick up the Bandage Bazooka even if only one inventory slot is available.
- Pickaxing player-built structures falsely indicated that it gives materials.
- Editing a style in the Locker after making an Item Shop purchase may cause controller controls to lock.
- DBNO teammates cannot be revived or picked up if they’re in contact with corn stalks.
- Explosive objects don’t have a Visualize Sound Effect indicator.
- Not receiving credit for the Gunk Ops Achievement.
Storm appears to cover entire map before its ‘Delay Time’ is over.
Save the World
- Sporadic crashes when reaching the Victory Screen.
- Event mission can disappear when dragging map around.
- Bonus Elimination objective audio loops in Survive the Night.
- Players who are PL76 and PL77 will have difficulty accessing the Survive the Night mission.
- Edit build mode menu displayed.
- Push-to-Talk icon disappears when team is eliminated.
- Dire Human Outfit hair.
- Editing in a 1×1.
Fortnite Battle Royale is in its chapter 2 phase and can be played on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. The game is also available on Smartphones.