Epic Games has released patch version 2.5.0 for Fortnite that is available to download now on the PS4, Xbox One and PC. This update adds some new features like the Impulse Grenade and Shrines for Battle Royale, Lunar New Year Heroes and Dragon Weapons for Save The World. Along with these additions, the update also implements dynamic resolution support for PS4 and Xbox One which helps maintain “more consistent framerate during heavy combat and increases visual fidelity when load on the GPU is lighter.”
The full set of patch notes can be read below and they apply to both the full game and the Battle Royale free to play mode.
- Enabled dynamic resolution and high quality temporal upsampling on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Dynamic resolution gives more consistent framerate during heavy combat and increases visual fidelity when load on the GPU is lighter.
- Full 4K Resolution now supported on Xbox One X.
- Added a key binding for “Toggle Pickaxe” on PC.
- PC + Mac Social Panel has been expanded to make browsing long lists of friends easier.
- Added distinctive sound variations when starting to build with Wood/Stone/Metal.
- Fixed multiple scenarios where connectivity errors would block login.
- Improved XMPP connection recovery on console.
- Optimized XMPP payloads.
- Removed extra queries when returning from match.
- Removed redundant store queries.
- Fixed a problem with empty progress bars incorrectly showing as full bars on Mac.
- Fixed Discord game invites and rich presence information.
- In continued partnership with SIE, we have been able to resolve the issue that occurred for some Fortnite players in which patches took longer to download than they should. If you experience a recurrence of this issue, please reach out to Epic Customer Service and we will address appropriately.
Fortnite is available now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. It was developed by Epic Games and it is currently a part of the Early Access. The game also offers a free Battle Royale mode that is separate from the main game.