God of War will get a new update on August 20th. Sony Santa Monica Studio has now detailed the new game plus mode for God of War that will be included in this upcoming update. The new game+ mode was announced after the launch of the game although it hasn’t been released yet. The first official details about this mode are now revealed through Sony Santa Monica Studio.
God of War New Game Plus Mode Explained
Here’s what is included in the new game+ mode for God of War PS4.
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armours, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customisation options with extremely powerful new armour sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
The update will arrive on August 20th so if you want to play through the game a second time, this update will be the best time to try it.
God of War is available now for the PS4. It was developed by Sony Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.