Grand Theft Auto V PC is almost out and PC fans all over the world are eagerly waiting for the game’s release. Grand Theft Auto V releases on PC almost two years after the game’s original release on Xbox 360 and PS3. The PC release is so late that the PS4 and Xbox One remasters came out before it. However we all know that the PC version will be superior to the console versions.
For those who didn’t wait for the PC version and played Grand Theft Auto V on console don’t need to worry as they can easily transfer their Grand Theft Auto V Online data to the PC version of the game from the PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions.
Follow the guide below for the full character transfer process.
- If you’ve already made a character on GTA Online PC, then after transferring that character will be replaced by the one you’re importing from PS4, PS3, Xbox One or Xbox 360. The money of both characters will be combined on transfer however and all other previous content including progression will be lost for the character you had before importing.
- If you use your character on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 after you’ve transfer it to PC, then all progress gained will stay on that console and will not carryover to the PC version. In short they’ll be treated as separate characters.
- If you’ve purchased in-game money then that won’t transfer. The transfer is only for money gained in the game.
Before starting make sure you have the following items ready:
- A copy of Grand Theft Auto V for PC (install the game if you haven’t already).
- Grand Theft Auto V Online game data, this is made if you started the mode and made your character.
- Rockstar Games Social Club account.
- Playstation Network or Xbox Live account depending on the console you’re transferring data from.
Got all that? Then let’s continue towards the guide.
Follow the steps below to transfer your Grand Theft Auto V Online data:
Step 1: Start the game on PC and log-in to your Rockstar Games Social Club account.
Step 2: Start Grand Theft Auto V Online through either the Main Menu or Character Wheel in the game.
Step 3: The game will give you an option to transfer your character data, progression, etc. Players will also get an option to change their character’s appearance. If you accidentally skipped this or wish to transfer your character later, you can access the option through GTA Online’s pause menu.
Step 4: If you have multiple characters across multiple platforms then there will be an option to choose which one you want to transfer to the PC version, the game will allow you to transfer only one set of characters from one platform.
That’s it, the game will now have you choose your character and start GTA Online. Have any trouble with the guide or have any questions? Feel free to ask us in the comments below and we’ll try our best to help you out.