God of War PS4 launched in late April and it sold more than 3.1 million copies within 3 days of its launch. This helped the game become one of the fastest selling PS4 exclusives. It won’t be a surprise to see that Sony Santa Monica Studio has already started hiring for a new game or potential expansion for God of War.
There is a job listing for a senior character concept artist at Sony Santa Monica and its requirements are rather interesting to read. They tease either a new project for God of War or a potential expansion for the game that is currently in the works at Sony Santa Monica Studio.
Santa Monica Studio is looking for an experienced Senior Character Concept artist to help develop genre defining visuals delivered only on PlayStation. Come help us design a rich cast of characters and creatures steeped in story, mythology, mixed with strong historical detail and influences.
- Work with the Art Directors and Leads to create high quality characters, gods, creatures, and props.
- Must be able to create character designs that are both visually strong while also supporting the gameplay and narrative needs.
- Possess the knowledge of design process through the creation of thumbnail, sketches, painting, model sheets, and production paintings.
- Is able to participate in meetings, brainstorming ideas, pitching concepts, and responding to feedback.
- Is comfortable receiving critiques and working under tight deadlines.
God of War game director Cory Barlog has already said that they don’t have any plans for DLC, so while plans can change, the game doesn’t really any door open for an expansion. There is a good chance this is for the sequel and pre-production has already started on it.