Killer Instinct Season 3 has been confirmed to release in March 2016 on PC. It will be a Windows 10 exclusive so if you are still running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, you will have to upgrade to Windows 10 to play the game, just like with Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.
This news was revealed in an interview of the developers in a Twitch stream. Killer Instinct Season 3 creative director Adam Isgreen confirmed the following information regarding the release of the upcoming Season. (via reddit)
- It will release in March 2016
- It is Windows 10 exclusive
- An updated Dojo Tutorial
- Tusk and Kim Wu have been confirmed to appear at launch and both will have retro costumes
- More characters will be available at launch than there were in the launch of Season 2. The remaining few will be available in the coming months.
- Everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3
He also revealed some new information that was not known before for the upcoming Season.
- Two characters that are currently on the roster will be re-worked. That means their set ups and how they gain meter will be different. It is confirmed that these two characters are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although Ultimates for every character isn’t confirmed, it is possible for all the characters to receive Ultimates due to the tech they developed when they created ARIA.
- They will reveal more information at Pax South in San Antonio, TX sometime between January 29-31
- There will be more community bundles in Season 3 due to the success of the Shadow Jago Fund Raiser. The purpose of the Fund Raisers will be determined by the community on what they want to see in Season 3 that didn’t make the cut by launch. So if you want to see a certain guest character, stage, mode, feature, ect. that didn’t make the cut, make yourself heard. They are actively seeking out the community’s input.
Killer Instinct is cross-buy on PC and Xbox One so if you already own it on your Xbox One, you can also play the PC version at launch.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.