Kingdom Hearts III update version 1.04 will add a critical mode to the game which was requested by fans as a way to address the easy difficulty of the game.
Kingdom Hearts III critical mode will be released today as part of a new update to the game. This might release as Kingdom Hearts III update 1.04 along with 1.05 update on PS4 and should be out later today.
We already know about Critical Mode as it was discovered in the game files. Later, the co-director of Kingdom Hearts 3 confirmed that critical mode will be released as a free content update to the game. It is no confirmed to launch today on April 23 for PS4 and Xbox One.
Kingdom Hearts III Update Version 1.04-1.05 Patch Notes – Critical Mode (PS4, Xbox One)
- Critical mode added, so new abilities added
- Some enemy behavior changed
- You can check Frozen Slider minigame treasure/result at mobile portal
- Synthesis items you already synthesized will have check marks in mog shop
- Various fixes
- When you start “new game”, you can bring over stuff like keyblades from your clear save data
- Photo mode change, now you can store up to 200 photos
- Various fixes
Here is a message by Kingdom Hearts 3 game director Tetsuya Nomura confirming that the update will be released later today.
Greetings, it’s been a while since I last posted. Spring is here, and I hope everyone is doing well. #KingdomHearts III's long-awaited Critical Mode is available as a free update tomorrow (PT).
We’ve changed things up from the previous games, so I hope you enjoy – Nomura pic.twitter.com/Npz8FeKmCK
— KINGDOM HEARTS (@KINGDOMHEARTS) April 22, 2019
Kingdom Hearts 3 is available now for the PS4 and Xbox One. The game was developed and published by Square Enix.