Capcom has confirmed the final number for the fighters in the character roster for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. The character roster will be now comprised of 30 fighters that will be available at launch while 6 more will be added to the game as part of the post-launch DLC.
The following set of characters are confirmed to be a part of the game at launch.
- Black Panther
- Captain America
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Strange
- Ghost Rider
- Iron Man
- Rocket Raccoon
- Chris Redfield
- Frank West
- Mega Man X
- Mike Haggar
- Nathan Spencer
As for the remaining characters, 6 of them are DLC. The rumored character roster can be seen here and the DLC characters that are rumored include Venom and potentially more from Marvel and Capcom.
Capcom has also confirmed the gameplay modes that will be available at the launch of the game.
Offline modes and features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Online modes and features:
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite will be released this September for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.