Konami has announced the details about next patch for Metal Gear Online. The patch will be released next month and it will fix almost all the bugs and errors in the game, as mentioned by Konami. Moreover, the update will improve matchmaking, movement speed, and the weapons which are currently available to some classes only.
The details about the patch 1.01 are as follow.
- You will now be matched with players of similar level to your highest character level
- It is now less likely to join a host with poor network connection.
- The game will now end once all teammates are stunned or tranquilized in CLOAK AND DAGGER.
- The “E.LOCATOR” will now only available for the Scout class.
- Machines guns and launchers will now only be available for the Enforcer class.
- Shotguns will now only available for the Infiltrator class.
- *As a result of these changes, custom loadouts will be initialized during the maintenance period following the update patch.
Character Ability Adjustments
- Overall movement speed will be increased.
- Mobility has been re-balanced to allow faster travelling between objectives.
- Infiltrators will have health and stamina decreased.
- Enforcers will have health and stamina increased.
- Scouts will have health increased.
- Scouts will be able to mark targets more quickly while using binoculars.
- Firing sway for Machine Guns will be reduced.
- Weapon sway will be reduced overall when aiming in first-person view.
- Damage inflicted by the Walker Gear’s Gatling gun will be reduced.
- Walker Gears and Anti-Aircraft will now take more damage from certain weapons.
- Weapon damage of certain weapons are being adjusted for better balance.
- Damage value on the ISANDO RGL-220″ will be significantly reduced.
- Reduced ammo count on “ISANDO RGL-220″ .
- Max carry for “E.LOCATOR,””STUN GRENADE,” and “SLEEP GRENADE” will be reduced.
- The throwing arch of the Empty Magazine will be invisible to enemies.
- The noise radius made by Empty Magazines when they land will be expanded.
- Max carry amount of “C.BOX” will be increased.
- Stealth camo will be temporarily disabled when taking damage.
- Battery life will be reduced, and battery will take longer to charge.
- Marking time for cloaked players will be reduced.
- Cloaked players detected with NVG will be marked in standard marking time.
- Range for CQC grabs will be narrowed.
- Icon for CQC grabs will no longer be displayed.
- Non-lethal damage done by CQC hits and grabs will be reduced.
- 1-hit CQC knock-outs will become exclusive to Infiltrators with “CQC STEALTH+” Lv.2 or higher.
- Fulton speed when using “FULTON+” Lv.2 or greater will be slowed.
- When a player fultons an enemy, the fulton balloon and the enemy will be invincible to other teammates.
Buddy System Adjustments
- Time required to establish a buddy link using the link action will be shortened.
- Link action will succeed regardless of the direction your character is facing, as long as you are in range.
- The buddy gauge will now clear at the beginning of each round.
- Search filters in “SELECT MATCH” will be now saved.
- Countdown time on the Spawn screen has been extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
There are also various minor bug fixes not listed in the patch notes.
Metal Gear online was released on October 6th, 2015 for the console versions of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. While the PC version of the game will be released in January, 2016.
What are your thoughts about these online updates for the game? Let us know in the comments below.