Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain apparently has a secret mission which reveals the true ending for the game. This ending can be seen after completing Mission 46 and it requires the players to met certain requirements in the game to unlock it. This guide covers these requirements in detail.
How To Unlock Secret Mission 46
You need to fulfill the following requirements before you proceed to unlock Mission 46.
- Complete all story mission excluding Mission 45 and 47-50.
- Complete all the important Side Ops that are marked yellow on iDroid.
- You need to update your Mother Base up to a certain point. Basically keep updating your Mother Base as your keep progressing throughout the story in order to unlock Mission 45.
Keep in mind that in order to unlock Mission 45, you will need to do Side Ops 150, which needs the following requirement to be met before it is unlocked.
- Spare the life of Quiet at end of Mission 11 so that you can recruit her as a “Buddy”.
- Make sure you have the maximum possible bond with Quiet. You can check it out during the mission selection screen.
- You have seen the cutscene at Mother Base in which Huey is exiled.
- You don’t use the “Butterfly” design for your emblem.
Finishing this Side Ops will unlock Mission 45 leading into Mission 46, provided you fulfill its conditions as stated above.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is out now on the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Let us know what you think about this article in the comments below.