Microsoft just confirmed in their E3 presser that the long teased Xbox Project Scarlett console, which is the next-generation Xbox console for those uninitiated, will release in Holiday 2020.
Xbox head Phil Spencer also revealed Halo Infinite will be a launch title for Project Scarlett; just like the first game, Combat Evolve, was for the OG Xbox.
We also got details about the console’s specs:
- Running on a custom designed processor with AMD’s Zen 2 platform
- 4 times more powerful compared to the Xbox One X
- GDDR6 RAM, SSD and ability to usd SSD and virtual RAM
- 8K Capacable, Ray Tracing, 120FPS and VRR
- Backward compatible with all previous generations
Expect to hear more about Project Scarlett including its final name in the coming months.