Monolith Soft has posted new job listing for the development team making Tetsuya Takahashi’s new RPG.
Monolith Soft’s 1st Production Development Department, which developed all three of the previous Xenoblade games namely Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and its DLC Torna – The Golden Country), are now working on a brand new yet unnamed RPG.
The team is being headed by Xeno-series creator Tetsuya Takahashi, who is now working on a brand new RPG that he “wanted to make for a long time”. The game has been in pre-production state for a while, and work started on the game a few years ago. With this new hiring spree, it seems development will be shifting gears.
The game is most likely being developed for the Nintendo Switch.
The studio is looking for the following positions among others:
- Technical Artists
- Designers & Artists
- Management & support staff
Its not the end for the Xenoblade series however, as Monolith has several teams working on different games right now. The developer has four studios right now:
- Their flagship studio in Tokyo which is now working on this new RPG
- Kyoto Studio which acts as a side-developer on many Nintendo games, they recently working on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2
- Nakameguro Studio opened in 2017 and is working on an unannounced title
- Iidabashi Studio opened in 2018 near their main Tokyo studio, they too are working on an announced game
Takahashi has mentioned in the past that he “strives for change” and moves on when he gets bored, so with him working on something new will leave space for other developers to work on future games in the series.
Looking forward to Tetsuya Takahashi’s new RPG? What do you think it’ll be like? Let us know in the comments.