Monster Hunter World will launch on January 26th and ahead of its release, Capcom has now shared some details about the day one update for the game which will patch it to version 1.01. The day one update will release on both PS4 and Xbox One and require around 825 MB of data to be downloaded. This is aside from the 16 GB of data required for the base game. Monster Hunter World also received an open beta recently that has ended now.
While the day one update is normal, this one seems to be a rather significant update since it will add online multiplayer, event quests among other changes. The full patch notes can be seen below along with the screenshots that were released for update 1.01.
- Unlocks online-use systems including multiplayer, event quests, and chat.
- Adds function to receive additional content to the player’s My House room service.
- Adds gallery function to the title menu to replay event scenes.
- Adds a Gallery Mode that enables you to watch the event scenes you have previously seen. The appearance of the player character will change based on the save data.
- As you progress through the story, Poogie will appear in the distribution area of Research Commission HQ. You can deepen your friendship with him through skillful petting. If you pick him up and take him around, something good may happen.Mascot character Poogie added to Research Commission HQ.
Additional Display Languages
In addition to the Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish included in all versions of the game, the following display languages have been added for specific versions:
- Japan: No additional languages
- Asia: Traditional Chinese and Korean
- North America: Brazilian Portuguese
- Europe: Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Russian, and Arabic
Additional voiced languages have not been added. All versions of the game will feature Monster Hunter language, Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish voiced language options.
- Fixed some bugs
Monster Hunter World will release on January 26th for the PS4 and Xbox One while it is targeting Autumn 2018 release window for PC.