Capcom has released the first major update for Monster Hunter World. It is available to download now on the PS4 and Xbox One and with a relatively small download size for it. You will be required to download a little over 600 MB for this new patch.
This update adds the Deviljho monster to the game which is brings new weapons and armors. This new monster can also invade 6 or 7 star quests or high ranking expeditions.
Here are the rest of the major gameplay changes and addition in the 2.00 update for the PS4 and Xbox One.
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the feature “Kick from Online Session” to the player list.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- In the “Online Session” menu, the name for the menu command “Squad Session Search” was changed to “Create/Search for a Squad Session” (the functionality is unchanged).
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Slightly reduced the amount that the Scoutfly Level (which is tied to monster research levels) gauge decreases after each quest.
- Added the game version number to the game’s title screen (for this update—PS4: 2.00; Xbox One: 188.8.131.52).
Monster Hunter World is available now for the PS4 and Xbox One and will launch in Autumn 2018 for PC.