Monster Hunter World has finally received its 3rd major update today that adds new free content to the game in the form of an Elder Dragon. This update is available to download now on the PS4 and Xbox One and should require a little under 1.2 GB of data to be downloaded.
The patch notes were released earlier by Capcom and you can check them out in detail from the official website. Some interesting changes that are mentioned in the patch notes can be seen below.
- An Interface menu and an option called HUD/Help Text Size have been added under the Options menu on the title screen. You can now adjust HUD text size to be larger than the default size.
To go along with this new option, the “Subtitle Text Size” option added in PS4 Ver 2.00/Xbox One 22.214.171.124 has been moved from the in-game options menu to the title screen options menu.
- A feature to sort investigations has been added to the Manage Investigations screen.
- You can now sell all Trade-in Items at once when selling items.
- Pressing the Square button on PS4 or X button on Xbox One allows you to switch between the Decoration name and Skill name when setting decorations.
- You can now preview armor at the Smithy even with Layered Armor equipped.
- An update has been made to squad management so players who haven’t logged in for 30 days aren’t automatically kicked from the squad.
- A tweak has been made so the camera is not forced to follow an active Scoutfly trail when fast traveling or returning to camp after fainting.
- You can now cultivate Ivy at Botanical Research.
- If a field researcher with important dialogue is present during an Expedition, an exclamation mark (!) will be displayed beside that character’s name on the World Map when departing.
- The Search Via Play History description text has been reworded to be easier to understand. The function itself has not changed.
Previous: Search for an Online Session that you joined based on your play history.
Now: Search for an Online Session based on your play history.
(Cannot find a previous met player if they’ve left the Online Session.)
- Flash Pod effectiveness against Tempered Monsters will gradually decline after multiple uses, and will cease to have any effect at all after a certain point.
- To coincide with the Tempered Monster’s increased resistance to flash pods, the special rewards from Tempered Monster Investigations have been reworked to produce better results.
Threat Level 1 Special Rewards will now produce Warped Feystones.
Threat Level 2 Special Rewards will now produce Shining Streamstones.
Threat Level 3 Special Rewards will produce Shining Streamstones more frequently.
Monster Hunter World is available to play now on the PS4 and Xbox One. It is also confirmed for the PC and will launch in Autumn 2018. The game has shipped more than 7.5 million copies worldwide becoming the fasting selling Monster Hunter for Capcom.