Mortal Kombat 11 is not officially confirmed but we do have plenty of big hints around the game’s announcement. Now a new set of info has leaked for the game teasing a reveal at The Game Awards.
The information was shared on 4chan, so it has to be taken with an extra grain of salt. Regardless, here is a list of information that was shared by an alleged QA tester on the game.
- Reveal in VGA
- It will have 4 years of dev cycle (1 year concept 3 year full development) longest to date.
- Concepting actually even started while making MK X. They were always thought back to back games in terms of story
- It has proper adventure mode , new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. pretty big deal , you can play and customize your character in this mode,lots of items for customize weapons etc shit too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc..)
- Adventure mode is 2 player co-op , online or single. drop in drop out
- Story mode and adventure are different both are included. story mode is normal NRS game style.
- Story evolve about 3 main character
- Punishing raiden ; hes now punishing anyone trying to even dare to attack earthrealm
- Emperor liu kang and empress kitana ; preparing army and trying to find something of stone left from ages of those deity gods in MK universe(cant remember names elder god or something)
- Shang Tsung and Reiko they made deal with Kotal Kahn to protect and rule outworld security , reiko has it’s own agenda though gets killed middle of it.
- Uses UE4 instead of UE3 like all other games of NRS
- Animation cancel its actually not a.cancel but something of pseudo of it. Much as you can expect from a western company i guess looks infinitely better than MKX in terms of animations. Something similar to UMK.
- Fujin is playable character
- Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable
The leaker also shared an image but it doesn’t appear to relate to the game. you can view it below.
Mortal Kombat XL was the last major entry in the series, which itself was an expanded version of Mortal Kombat 10. It has been more than 2 years since the release so we should be getting information about a new game from Netherrealm Studios soon. It remains to be seen if this will happen at The Game Awards or some other event.