Bohemia Interactive released a new patch for DayZ Standalone which added new weapons to the game like the Crossbow, Bow and arrows and the patch also fixed a number of issues that players have been complaining about as well as new actions for the Melee attacks with cooking pot and frying pan.
The list of all the changes and fixes is given below:
- Binoculars not functioning properly in crouch and prone states.
- Thrown objects moving at a slow frame rate during peak server load
- Crossbow damage higher than desired
- Player breathing in first person is louder than desired
- Ongoing melee balancing has zombies more resilient to body impacts. (Aim for the head)
- Accelerated Time falls out of sync after extended uptime (disabled for this update)
- Actions: Melee attacks added to frying pan and cooking pot
- Actions: Recipe for bow crafting added
- Items: Dexterity of shotguns, pistols and rifles configured
- Items: Tracksuit Jackets and Russian Officer Hat configured and added to loot spawns
- Items: Binoculars configured and added to loot spawns (known issues above with this item)
- Items: Implemented Crossbow + bolts.
- Server: Basic item bullet physics enabled (known issues tied to server performance)
- Server: New guaranteed messaging system for network traffic
- Server: New player spawn locations near Klen, Chernaya Polana, Orlovets
- Server: Accelerated Time implemented for gameservers
- Systems: 1:1 Mouse control / movement
- World: New Ash Tree model
- World: New village “Karmanovka” has been added
- Actions: Crafting with medical items – splints, blood bags, blood testing
- Actions: Removed force feed and force drink from epinephrine and morphine
- Actions: You can no longer turn on flashlight or defibrillator laying on the ground without battery being attached to it
- Actions: You can no longer empty magazines or ammunition boxes laying on the ground (and loose ammo)
- Actions: Burlap sack removes from head properly
- Actions: Apply defibrillator action messages
- Actions: Players loading into server no longer play reloading SFX
- Actions: You can catch rain holding bottle in hand only
- Actions: moved quantity manipulation and item removal directly into action on self
- Actions: added config entries to actions for single use food and drinks
- Actions: Single use food and drink items now adding to player water and energy levels
- Actions: Injection vial cannot be consumed
- Actions: Medical items related actions on other player (proper quantity handling)
- Animations: Player now can wave (F1) when unarmed or holding one-handed item with raised hands.
- Animations: playing correct footstep sounds for 2handed melee raised run, aimed rifle run
- Animations: Removed the jerky motion when sometimes equipping a weapon/item, usually at the start of eating/drinking/bandaging
- Animations: sitting with 2 handed melee should now work properly
- Animations: Fixed an issue where you would first stand up when pressing crouch in unarmed sitting pose
- Animations: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t sit from unarmed prone directly.
- Animations: fixed missing rotation animation for unarmed crouched player
- Animations: Iron sights now use all 3 parameters for min, max and init zoom. Values of these params tweaked.
- Animations: Player’s “naked eye” max zoom level lowered. It allows for the same max zoom as iron sights.
- Gear: Improvised courier bag and taloon backpack shows their damage state in inspect window
- Gear: Green bandage stops bleeding
- Gear: Fruits no longer show 100% label
- Gear: FNX45 red dot sight optics renamed and now requires 9V battery in order to work
- Gear: Resolved chambering issue with 22 related to stack quantity
- Gear: Tablets amount in inventory slot changed from % to pills
- World: Rocks at Ship Wreck location reworked
- Zombies: Melee attack bleed chance nerfed
- Zombies: Damage is dealt to head while kneeling
What are your thoughts on the changes the new patch brought to the game? Did this new patch make your gaming experience better? Let us know in the comments below.