Digimon Survive developers talked about the game in a recent interview while also mentioning that a Digimon Story game is still in development.
A new title in the popular Digimon Story subseries was confirmed a while ago and many predicted it to be announced when Digimon Survive was revealed a few months ago. Apparently that game still has some time to go.
Digimon Survive is also being looked at as a third subseries in addition to Story and World.
Check out the interesting tidbits from the interview with Producer Katsuaki Tsuzuki and Chief Producer Kazumasa Habu below (courtesy of Gematsu):
- A new Digimon Story is currently in development, but development still has some time to go. For that reason, Digimon Survive is being made as new Digimon content to be offered before that. We would be happy if it can turn into the third series of Digimon games. (Editor’s Note: The other two series are Digimon World and Digimon Story.)
- In Digimon Survive, characters could die depending on your choices. Story developments will occur that could not easily be done in the anime.
- While this doesn’t mean that there are ton of branched endings, there are scenario branches that occur during the story based on an accumulation of detailed choices made by the player.
- Currently, the story is divided into three routes. We’re thinking it would be nice to also include a bonus route.
- Even during battles, the status of enemies and allies, as well as victory conditions will change depending on the choices you make.
- Digivolutions will also change depending on scenario choices.
- There are a total of 100 Digimon, plus extras. Rather than place importance of the number of Digimon, we’re choosing Digimon that match the atmosphere of the world.
- We would like to continue to expand the world of game-original Digimon in the future.
- Development is currently 30 percent complete.
Digimon Survive will release in 2019. The game will release for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC in the West while in Japan it’ll only release for the Switch and PS4.