Nintendo and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate were the most popular things talked about at E3 on Twitter according to the Twitter blog.
The highest spike related to gaming happened during Nintendo Direct with 890k Tweets.
The gaming conversation on Twitter spans the globe, and it was no different during #E3. These were the countries that Tweeted the most about the event.
- United States
- United Kingdom
A look at the most Tweeted about topics during the annual event offers a fascinating glimpse at what got gaming fans most excited.
- Nintendo (@Nintendo)
- Xbox (@Xbox)
- Super Smash Bros. (#SuperSmashBros)
- Fallout (@Fallout)
- Playstation (@PlayStation)
- Kingdom Hearts (@KINGDOMHEARTS)
- Ubisoft (@Ubisoft)
- Elder Scrolls (@ElderScrolls)
- Death Stranding (#DEATHSTRANDING)
- Fortnite (@FortniteGame)
These were the most Tweeted about newly-announced games:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Fallout 76
- The Last of Us 2
- Death Stranding
These were the moments that generated the most conversation on Twitter:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate release date is announced
- Ridley announced as newest character added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Elder Scrolls VI trailer is revealed at @Bethesda press conference
Personally really surprised to see Kingdom Hearts 3 so high, I guess fans are more than just hyped up.
Seeing Nintendo so high is pretty amazing considering they didn’t even have a live conference like Sony and Microsoft. Smash on the other hand was expected, the game has a huge dedicated fan following. Plus its gonna be really good with Ultimate having the biggest roster in series history, can’t wait for it personally.