Nintendo Switch sales in Japan have crossed the 5 million unit mark according to latest sales numbers from the land of the rising sun.
Famitsu reports that Nintendo has sold 5,007,368 units of the Switch since its release on March 3 last year. These numbers are till date of September 2, 2018.
In terms of software Splatoon 2 is surprisingly still the Nintendo’s biggest title in Japan selling over 2.6 million units.
Unsurprisingly the console’s top five selling games are all first party exclusives.
- Splatoon 2 (Released on 07/21/17, Publisher: Nintendo) – 2,621,928 units sold
- Super Mario Odyssey (Released on 10/27/17, Publisher: Nintendo) – 1,788,228 units sold
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Released on 04/28/17, Publisher: Nintendo) – 1,738,502 units sold
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Released on 03/03/17, Publisher: Nintendo) – 1,065,780 units sold
- Kirby: Star Allies (Released on 03/16/18, Publisher: Nintendo) – 591,721 units sold
With online services for the consoles coming later this month and more great games like Pokemon on the way, its great time to be a Switch owner.