No Man’s Sky has received a brand new update for the PS4 today. This new patch will update the game to version 1.56 although there are no official patch notes available for it so far.
According to some users on the No Man’s Sky subreddit, this patch has added the base archive quest for the pre-NEXT version save files. It also contains most of the fixes that were released along with the updated version 1.55.
Update: The following are the patch notes for this new update on PS4.
- Fixed an animation issue.
- Added the base archive quest for old saves.
- Fixed an issue that prevented pre-NEXT saves from accessing the Base Computer Archive missions.
- Addressed an issue where some non-existent base parts were showing in the Guide.
- Addressed a bug that made melee boost jumping overly hard to do. Texture quality and streaming improved.
- Made further adjustments to the farming timers.
- Added fixes for crashing issues.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
Hello Games still hasn’t released official patch notes for the game so far, while it appears to be behind on Steam with the patch version listed as 1.55, so this might be a PS4 specific hotfix.
No Man’s Sky recently received NEXT update that has completely overhauled the full game. It also adds 4 player co-op multiplayer among other additions. There is a third person camera support as well. This has resulted in a new surge of interest for the game on Steam and PS4, along with a successful launch on the Xbox One.
No Man’s Sky also charted in the top sellers on PS4 in both Europe and America. The game was developed by Hello Games who launched it as a console exclusive for the PS4 along with a PC version in 2016. It has been finally ported to the Xbox One as well and supports the enhanced hardware of the Xbox One X.