Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura sat down for an interview with Famitsu where he talked about in detail about the long awaited remake of the PS1 classic.
Below is a summary of the interview:
- Aerith and Tifa are the two focal heroines of the game. Aerith is designed with a Eastern look in mind while Tifa is more Western.
- The team wanted Tifa to have abs, to better show her athletic body type. Interestingly the ethics team at Square Enix told the team to tighten up Tifa’s chest so it doesn’t seem unnatural during action segments.
- Each party member will be stronger against certain enemy types.
- The game will have an item for MP Recovery.
- There will be new enemies for level designs’ sake.
- Shortcuts allow players better immersion and excitement, although they can always use the command menu to slow down and fight like a command based battle.
- Honey Bee Inn’s crossdressing event will be included in the remake. They’ve made it more modern as if they made the facility like the original game, the experience would be physically unceasing, which would not be good.
- The remake will have a lot of new elements including the Watchmen of Fate, the black figures from the trailer. They are mysterious beings that appear where our heroes go. Nomura hopes even players who have played the original enjoy these new elements.
- There are a lot of dialogue options and the team is making it so the dialogue changes depending on what you choose to say. The sheer volume of the game’s dialogue has increase.
- There’s an increase in scenarios compared to the original, and although the main story is the same there are a lot of new events. Nomura jokes they wouldn’t need two Blu-ray discs otherwise.
Thoughts on the interview? The game is certainly shaping up to be all us fans wanted from a Final Fantasy VII Remake. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Final Fantasy VII Remake releases on March 3, 2020 exclusively for the PS4.