The much awaited Overwatch 2.50 Patch has been released for PS4, Xbox One and PC. The September 11 Patch for Overwatch brings a lot of changes that will massively change the game and make it fresh for new and old players.
The new update adds a new map set in South Korea called Busan home to fan favorite D.Va. Changes to Heroes are also included namely for Ana, Brigitte, Reinhardt and Widowmaker.
The Patch also fixes several bugs and glitches making the whole experience much smoother. It also tweaks Competitive Mode allowing better match making by changing the Skill Rating range of players.
The biggest change however in my opinion is this:
Added visual outlines to make allies visible through walls
This should really help with support type Heroes like when you play as a Healer. Should just help players become more aware of their team members without keeping a constant eye on the map.
The General Overwatch Update 2.50 Patch Notes are below:
- Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes slip off railings
- Fixed a bug that prevented Torbjörn Armor Packs Created statistic from updating if the ability landed directly on a friendly target
- Fixed a bug that caused a delay in selecting options on the Communication Wheel when cycling left using a mouse
- Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte’s Shield Bash movement to be interrupted when she impacted Symmetra’s turrets
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to cancel when using Symmetra’s Teleporter
- Fixed a bug that allowed D.Va to escape the map if she used Call Mech while standing on Mei’s Ice Wall
- Fixed a bug that caused the Dragonstrike arrow’s size to be larger than his other arrows
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s Cryo-freeze to block the line of sight for Mei’s Blizzard
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain ultimate charge from using her damage beam on attacks that cannot be damage boosted
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reaper’s Shadow Step from going on cooldown if he was interrupted
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to pin targets that were behind him when using Charge
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt from pinning some targets when he turned during Charge
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to use Earthshatter while standing on an enemy’s head
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from hitting enemies standing on a payload
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from traveling up certain inclines
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to break after hitting an enemy while maintaining line of sight
- Fixed a bug that prevented Roadhog’s alternate fire from calculating falloff damage correctly
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from landing if he was launched into the air while activating it
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from translocating to a moving platform
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from destroying her Translocator if she was stunned or hacked
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra’s Translocator from accurately indicating where Sombra would arrive when the ability was used
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra’s Hack from canceling Symmetra’s Photon Barrier placement
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s teleport UI to persist after being eliminated
- Fixed a bug that prevented Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook from connecting to some ledges
- Fixed a bug that caused Widowmaker’s scoped shots on hero placed objects to count against her Scoped Weapon Accuracy statistic (e.g. Symmetra’s Teleporter, Torbjörn’s autocannon)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball’s Piledriver from dealing falloff damage
- Fixed a bug that allowed Wrecking Ball’s Piledriver to deal damage twice if he slid off the environment during its duration
- Fixed a bug that allowed Wrecking Ball’s primary fire to continue working even if it was disabled in custom game
Detailed patch notes with the changes to the Game Browser, Maps, etc can be found here.
Check out the video below for a glimpse at some of the new changes:
The Overwatch 2.50 Update released today and is available now for download on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.