Activision Blizzard has released a brand new update for Overwatch for the PS4, PC, and Xbox One on August 9th. They have also shared the patch notes for it confirming the changes that will be a part of this latest update.
Overwatch’s new update will add more content for the Summer Games 2018 event in addition to various stability and general fixes.
Summer Games 2018
The Summer Games return for more fun in the sun! This year, we’re celebrating the spirit of competition with a new Lúcioball arena, Season 2 of Copa Lúcioball, and a smörgåsbord of loot. Unlock over 50 new seasonal items—including legendary skins like Waveracer D.Va, Fastball Zenyatta, and Cabana Ana—alongside our growing collection of summer gear from previous years.
- Changed the name of Junkrat’s Buccaneer skin to Bilgerat
- Added under attack voice lines for Zenyatta, Lúcio, and Moria
- All Overwatch League skins now include the name of the team’s city or state
Looking for Group
- Settings will be saved after changing filters on the Looking for Group browse screen
- Added a What’s New option that displays new unlockable content
For a more detailed look at the changes at the Hero updates, you can view the full patch notes from here.
Overwatch is available to play now on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It was developed and published by Activision Blizzard.