Persona 5 Royal has received some new details through Japanese game magazine Famitsu which reveal some information on the new Personas, events, and other story details.
Persona 5 Royal is an expansion of the original Persona game adding a whole new extended scenario, new characters, and makes multiplayer gameplay and battle changes.
Famitsu has shared a new preview on Persona 5 Royal which covered by ryokutya2089 (via) and has revealed the name of Personas and other information.
First up is the new Persona for Ryuji which is Called “William” which is Captain Kidd’s real name. Ann’s new Persona is “Celestine” which is the original actress for Carmen. Yusuke’s new persona is “Gorochiki” which is a younger name of Ishikawa Goemon’s.
Here are some more details on the game including the Events, Battle changes and more.
- Playing billiards benefits technical attacks and other effects in battle.
- Playing darts enhances Baton Touch abilities, ranking them up with specific characters.
- Non-alcoholic drinks at the Jazz Club enhance persona abilities.
- Meditating at the temple increases the maximum capacity for SP.
- Players can sell gear found in Mementos at the used clothes shop to gain points, which can be exchanged for prizes.
- There are other mysterious stores and food shops.
- Is Shiho making a return?
- Ryuji has landed a recommendation at a university for track-and-field.
- An exhibition of Yusuke’s works.
- Baton Touch ranks have been introduced.
- Leveling ranks increases the offensive and beneficial effects of the Baton Touch.
- Make full use of skills that cannot be inherently learned by equipping accessories that grant the use of skills.
- Characteristics have been added to each persona with attributes such as SP consumption for skills decreased, skill damage increased, etc.
- A new cooperative technique called “Show Time” has been introduced.
- “Show Time” is a special performance where teammates combine their strength. As their bonds deepen, they will begin to produce new techniques.
- Makoto Niijima and Haru Okumura’s “Show Time” is a cooperation skill based around female professional wrestling.
Persona 5 Royal is expected to launch next year for PS4. It will be released this September in Japan.