Atlus is currently working on multiple Persona 5 related projects and have been slowly releasing new information. Late last month they revealed the full name for Persona 5 R which ended up being Persona 5: The Royal, they also showed off a trailer which promised more information on April 24. Earlier this month the official website for Persona 5 S was updated, which also promised more information coming in on April 25, a day after the other game.
Luckily for all fans we’ve have managed to get some exclusive information from our sources on Persona 5: The Royal, Persona 5 S and Persona 5 A. Here’s what we know so far:
Persona 5: The Royal
- Is an enhanced version of the original game with new content
- There’s a “very lengthy new epilogue”
- New characters integral to the story, including the girl seen in the previous trailer
- There will be a Female MC (who is not the girl from the trailer)
- New Personas and Social Links
- The source claimed the game will have “a ton of new content”
- PS4 Exclusive
- Atlus wanted a (simultaneous) worldwide release but that won’t be possible due to the sheer amount of new content
Persona 5 S
- The source has heard that Atlus has been working on a direct Persona 5 port for the Switch, which will not feature the enhancements of Persona 5: The Royal
- There is however talk of some Nintendo exclusive content
Persona 5 A
- The source claims that an Arena title for Persona 5 has been in the works for a while now
- The assumed Persona 5 Arena was supposed to release sooner but developer Arc System Works was too busy with Dragon Ball FighterZ and its post release content
- Now the studio is finishing up Granblue Fantasy Versus for Cygames, which set to release later this year for PS4
- Apparently a small team is working on the game right now, with full development to be initiated after the Granblue Fantasy Versus project is completed
- The game will run on an iteration of the Dragon Ball FighterZ engine (which supports the Switch)
There you have it, that’s all we know about the Persona projects right now. Make sure to mark April 24 and 25 on your calendars for more information directly from Atlus.
Disclaimer: We would like to clarify that we are not saying the fighting game will be called Persona 5 A or Persona 5 Arena. We just know there is a new Persona fighting game in development and used the title ‘Arena’ since it was familiar.
Update 24/04/19: Persona 5: The Royale just received some new information today which mostly turned out to be the same as our report except for the addition of a Female MC. Although we don’t know everything about the game yet…
Update 25/04/19: Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers was announced today as the Persona 5 S that we’ve all been speculating about these past few weeks. Unfortunately it didn’t turn out to be the direct port that we heard about, but the game is coming to the Nintendo Switch.