Pillars of Eternity 2 has been updated to version 3.0 today on PC and it adds support for a major DLC and implements plenty of new changes. This will patch the game to version 3151113 on PC.
The new DLC is called Seeker, Slayer, Survivor and it is the second DLC of the game. This is not it, there are new additions to the game like Mega Boss Battles. Continue reading to find out more about them.
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Update Version 3.0 Patch Notes
New Features & Updates
- Seeker, Slayer, Survivor
- The second DLC has the Watcher journey to the island to Kazuwari in search for some answers to a mysterious package…
- New Berath’s Blessings – New and exciting blessing come in to add some interesting replayability to the Deadfire:
- Loaded Pockets – NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items.
- Legendary Crew – 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken’s Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
- Discount Craftsman – Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced.
- Mythical Discovery – Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality)
- New Ranger Abilities – Five new Ranger abilities have been added to the Ranger’s arsenal of skills:
- Hunter’s Claw – 2 Bond Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target’s Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.
- Hunter’s Fang – Same as Hunter’s Claw, but also grants +1% Damage per stack.
- Beast’s Claw – Same as Hunter’s Claw, but also grants +1 Defense per stack.
- Bonded Fury – 3 Bond, Grants the Ranger’s Animal Companion all 6 Tier 2 Inspirations, for 30s.
- Heart Seeker – 4 Bond, Primary Attack (Ranged Only) Fires an unerring ranged attack that strikes all characters in a line, dealing +100% Damage with +4 Penetration and Enfeebling for 20s.
- Megaboss Battles – Megabosses make their debut with the first to make their way into the game with the first boss included in the patch; The Crystal Empress! Test your mettle against one the toughest fights within the game.
- Kill Camera – A new feature has been added to allow for some excitement to combat! Kill Cam will exemplify combat with key events! This feature will include options to customize how it works and can be found in the new Camera Tab of the Options Menu.
- Eothas and Galawain’s Challenge – Two New exciting Challenges will be coming in with this patch from Eothas and Galawain:
- Eothas– The player must complete crit-path quests within a set game time or be met with a Game Over.
- Galawain – Beasts now contain random buffs that are defined at the start of the game, for the duration of the game! Can you survive these dangerous new changes?
- Vampiric – Heal from damage dealt
- Reflecting – Reflect damage back as Raw
- Unstoppable – Cannot be interrupted / Immune to Afflictions
- Exalted – Gain Permanent T3 Inspiration (random)
- Vengeful – Gain stacking Power Level when a friendly is killed
- Accelerated – Attacks much faster
- Bullish – Attacks interrupt and knock back
- Hardened – Additional AR and Max HP
- Prowling – Invisible (until attacks) and re-stealths if scoring a kill
- Volatile – Explodes when defeated
- New Community Pet – You all voted and the tallies are in! Nebula the Astral Bat is now available in game!
- Recently Used Spells – Frequently used spells are now remembered and displayed in the UI, so searching through your high list of spells should be a little easier to manage.
Resolved Major Issues
- Characters no longer get stuck in an endless animation loop when using certain abilities with Two-handed weapons.
- AI Options for Ghost Animal Companions now work as expected.
- Many older saves that were not working previously due to conversation bundles now load as expected.
- Various frame-rate fixes for players that experience drops during extended play.
- The Enchanting Menu does not display when the Crafting Menu is opened.
- Mod Manager displays correctly in the Options Menu.
- The Producer’s Sword shows up correctly for Mac Users.
- Alcoholic Beverages no longer display missing strings.
- Consumed resources for ships are displayed correctly.
- Galawain timers fixed to the correct time in early sections of the game.
- Adventurers in towns now show the correct data.
- The conversation window is no longer obscured if opened with the ESC button during a dialog.
- All interface layouts now display the UI notifications correctly.
- TEMP text no longer displays for Magran’s Challenge.
- Menus no longer overlap in Ship Combat.
- Director Castol has had his conversation fixed for typos.
- Full Attacks with recovery-based weapons and a firearm in offhand no longer have a 0 recovery time
- Rods now deal the correct type of damage when attacking with them.
- Attacking destructibles from stealth now properly removes stealth from the attacker.
- Auto-Attack As Default Action toggle has been implemented to AI Behavior.
- The Crookspur Vessel will no longer continuously attempt to engage retreating ships.
- Druid Shift forms no longer crash the game when inventory items are moved.
Art & Visual Updates
- Portraits display correct images when playing the game in Linux.
- All Pets use the correct model that is expected.
- Spiritual Weapon VFX now properly aligns with the model.
- Orlans ears display correctly when wearing the Acorn Helm.
- Data is no longer carried over from previous DLC playthroughs.
- Performance no longer drops when viewing Spiritshift model forms in the Inventory Screen.
- Crew member models no longer spawn at the same point simultaneously.
- Ikiuq Crew member now displays his correct model in game.
- Loading a save after a character dies in combat no longer results in an infinite load screen for Mac users.
- The default text box displays in the selected language at launch.
- Combat Log displays in the language selected when changed in game.
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire is available now on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.