When Assassin’s Creed Unity was announced for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC, there was a lot of confusion whether the game would make its way on the older consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3). The ‘last-gen’ console owners were still in the dark if they would be able to play Ubisoft’s highly acclaimed 3rd person game. However, Ubisoft have officially announced an exclusive Assassin’s Creed game for the older consoles and titles “Assassin’s Creed: Rogue”. This news finally confirms the rumour that two versions of the game would be launched.
The official trailer is rather intriguing and this game is certain to be provide quite a different experience and storyline as compared to the previous installments of the game. The setting of the game will be between the events of Assassin’s Creed III and Black Flag.
In Rogue, you would live through the life of Shay Patrick,the main protagonist of the game, as he is turned from an Assassin to a Templar after he was betrayed by the brotherhood.
Amid the chaos and violence of the French and Indian War, Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Assassin Brotherhood, undergoes a dark transformation that will forever shape the future of the colonies. As Shay, you will experience the slow transformation from Assassin to Assassin hunter and use all your skills to take down those you once called brothers.
Witness Shay’s transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a grim and committed Templar willing to hunt down his former brothers. Experience first-hand the events that will lead Shay down a dark path and set him on a course that will forever change the fate of the Assassin Brotherhood.
For the first time ever, experience the Assassin’s Creed universe from the perspective of a Templar.
Shay, would have a greater arsenal of weapons to help him in his path to avenge those who betrayed him.
Play as Shay, who, in addition to the deadly skills of a Master Assassin, also possesses never before seen skills and weapons:
- Equip Shay’s deadly air rifle for both short and long range combat. Distract, eliminate, or confuse your enemies by using a variety of ammunition, including specialized bullets and grenades
- Protect yourself from hidden Assassins with your enhanced eagle vision. Use your vision to constantly assess your surroundings and detect Assassins hiding in the shadows, on rooftops, and in the crowds
Rogue is not the same game as Unity with just a different storyline because the former brings back the Naval Battles and exploration (which are not present in Unity)
Cast off in your ship, The Morrigan, and fight your way through the icy seas of the North Atlantic and the narrow waters of America’s river valleys. Assassin’s Creed® Rogue builds on the award winning naval experience from Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ with all new gameplay including:
- New enemy tactics: Defend yourself from Assassins as they attempt to board your ship and overthrow your crew. Fight them off quickly to avoid losing too many crew members.
- New weapons such as burning oil, which leaves a trail of fire behind to burn enemy ships, and the puckle gun, capable of delivering continuous machine-gun-like fire.
- An arctic world full of possibilities: Ram through ice sheets to discover hidden locations and use icebergs as cover during naval battles.
Assassin’s Creed: Rogue is expected to hit the market on November 11 for Xbox 360 and PS3, as mentioned earlier. You can pre-order the game from here.
The game really sets itself apart from Unity and who knows, it might just turn out to be the better game!