Niantic Labs has updated Pokemon GO for the iOS and Android today. This update is a rather significant one as it finally introduces Raid battles to the game and also adds a new Gym Badge feature.
If you have downloaded Pokemon GO for the iOS or Android, you can update to the version 0.67.1 for Android and 1.37.1 for iOS. The patch notes can be read below.
- Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
- Added new Gym Badge feature.
- Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
- Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
- Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
- Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
- Added search functionality to Pokémon collection screen.
- Added visual indicator to unvisited PokéStops.
While Raid battles are indicated in this update, they aren’t active yet and will available at a later date. They are just supported for now. If you visit the Raids tab in the game, it reads as coming soon. You can expect the Raids to be released in time for the upcoming Beta update.
Pokemon GO is available now for the iOS and Android. It is one of most popular Pokemon game on Smartphones and it was developed by Niantic Labs and published by Nintendo.