One of the most prominent features advertised with this new iteration of Pokemon games has been the inclusion of Z-Moves. But what you may not know is how to use them.
For a Pokemon to be able to use it’s Z-Move, players need to be in possession of an item known as a Z-Ring, as well as Z-Crystals that match the type of move itself. For example, a Water oriented Z-Crystal for a Water type move. As also seen from the numerous trailers, there are also crystals only usable by specific Pokemon like Snorlax and Pikachu.
The full list of Z-Crystals and their locations can be found below:
- Reward for completing Ilima’s trial
- Reward for completing Kiawe’s trial
- Reward for completing Mallow’s trial
- Reward for completing Hau’s trial
- Reward for completing Lana’s trial
- Reward for completing Olivia’s trial
- Reward for completing Sophocles’s trial
- Complete Hokulani Observatory trial
- Reward for completing Nanu’s trial
- Reward for completing Hapu’s trial
- Gifted by Plumeria on Poni Island
- Gifted by Mina at Vast Poni Canyon
- Reward for completing Acerola’s trial
- Found in a briefcase at Guzma’s hideout
- Complete Seventh trial
- Found on Mount Lanakila
- Behind boulder in Ten Carat Hill
Pokemon Specific Z-Crystals:
- Talk to the girl with the three Pikachu in Konikoni City
- Gifted by Kukui after defeating Guzma for first time (if Litten is your starter)
- Gifted by Kukui after defeating Guzma for first time (if Popplio is your starter)
- Gifted by Kukui after defeating Guzma for first time (if Rowlet is your starter)
- After becoming Champion and defeating Tapu Koko
- Talk to woman in Seafolk Village and have an Alola Raichu in your party
- Talk to the Man in the Thirfty Megamart and defeat the 8 Eevee trainers.
- Download special Munchlax
The list will constantly be updated as new Z-Crystals are found.
Pokémon Sun and Moon is out now and is available for the Nintendo 3DS.