Bethesda Softworks has released a brand new update for Prey on the PS4. This update aims to improve the input latency issue on the PS4 along with a whole new set of bug fixes.
The download size of this update is around 400 MB and it should be available on the PS4. This patch updates the game to version 1.02 and implements the following changes.
- Fixes to prevent save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted save games to uncorrupted state. Also address additional crashes on on the map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to not complete.
- Fix to prevent the player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated the recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms.
- Kaspar/s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to the audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
- Adjustments to the controls to improve latency.
The last part of the update seems to be pretty important since it reportedly fixes the input lag issue that game suffered on the PS4. If you were having issues with the controls for the game, they might be fixed now.
Prey is available now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. You can read our review of the game from here.