Arkane Studios has released Prey update version 1.06 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the patch notes for it.
Prey has continued to receive a strong post-launch support after the release of the Mooncrash DLC. This was a rogue-like expansion for Prey that was released after E3 2018 and has continued to receive strong support from the developers. The new update is aimed at adding exciting fresh content to the game.
Prey update version 1.06 is out now on the PS4, and it should roll out for other platforms throughout the rest of the day. The full patch notes for this update can be viewed below.
Prey Update Version 1.06 (PS4) Patch Notes (PC, Xbox One)
Typhon Hunter Multiplayer Info
- It is an asymmetrical 5v1 game of deadly hide’n’seek.
- One player gets to play as Morgan Yu while the other 5 players play as shape-shifting Mimics.
- Morgan’s goal is to eliminate all 5 Mimics in the given time limit, while the Mimics have to outlast Morgan.
- The Mimics have a lunge attack that can stun Morgan but their main strength lies in their signature Mimicking abilities.
- As a means of hiding, they can transform into any of the physics objects on the map that “aren’t bolted down”.
- They have a brief moment of prep time to find the best hiding spot before Morgan is dropped into the map.
- Morgan has a wrench to smash the Mimics but can rarely find a silenced pistol or special Mimic detecting psychoscope.
- The three in-game locations that we currently know of include; Morgan’s office, The Sim Labs and The Yellow Tulip.
- All object locations have been seeded to be a little bit random every time you play, so no experience will be quite the same.
- It will be fully playable in VR sometime early into next year. Only confirmed platform so far is the HTC Vive, we will update this post as more information comes out.
- Servers are peer-to-peer and there’s a quick-play-esq matchmaking system in place.
- Players can choose to play with or against AI if they wish.
TranStar VR Info
- Three immersive “escape rooms” set on Talos I have been adapted specially for this new mode.
- All have their own unique story and objective, with plenty of gadgets and puzzles to play around with.
- The first is set in Morgan’s office, where he must construct and test a prototype for a new invention called the Nullwave Device. This device may be the key to protecting humanity from the Typhon aliens, but you’ll need to use all the available scientific gadgetry in the correct sequence to get it working.
- The second is set in the Sim Labs, where you are Dr. Calvino, the genius behind the Looking Glass technology. It’s with this tech that you will convince Morgan Yu he is still in his apartment on Earth – but there are some kinks to work out and you’re the only person who can fix them.
- The last is set in the Yellow Tulip where, as Abigail Foy, you receive a message from Danielle Sho asking you to meet her after hours. But the Yellow Tulip is empty when you arrive, and all you can find is a mysterious sequence of clues and puzzles for you to follow. Who knows what’s really waiting for you?
- A bonus TranStar Museum location will also be available to explore in VR, where you can get a very up-close-and-personal look at some of the most memorable props and Typhon aliens from the game.
- As with the Typhon Hunter PvP mode, the only confirmed compatible VR platform so far is the HTC Vive, we will update this post as more are confirmed.
Prey is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game was developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.