Slightly Mad Studios has released a brand new update for the Xbox One version of their racing simulator video game, Project CARS. This update was previously released for PC and PS4.
The Xbox One update is almost same as the one that was released on PS4 sometime ago except that the PS4 update had some thrustmaster PlayStation 4 implementation fixes.
This update brings fixes for some cars, tracks and some improvements to the gameplay. You can have a look at the full changelog of Project CARS Update 8.0 on Xbox One below.
Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 8.0 – Release Notes
Vehicles:• McLaren F1 GTR – adjusted cockpit exposure, fixed visual clipping issues.
• Radical RXC Turbo – Fixed typo in statistics file. Engine now correctly displays as V6 not V8, Fixed asymmetry typo in default setup spring rates.
• Lotus 51 – Fixed a typo giving 100 steps to rear fast rebound damper settings instead of 10. Default values were unaffected.
• Renault Megane RS265 – Fixed typo causing asymmetry in default setup springs.
• KTM X-Bow – Fixed clipping on the roof camera.
Tracks• Cadwell Park – Fixed an issue where cars while on the main straight would hit the pit wall at a certain spot and be disqualified.
• Ruapuna all layouts – updated the position of the pit exit trigger so it’s after the start line trigger. Full optimisation pass done on all the layouts to improve performance.
Physics, Tires and Setups• Further adjustment of heating on under-inflated tires where it was reduced as part of the discontinuity fix.
• Fixed issues with players not being able to save setups to DLC tracks, if they started their profile with older versions of the game.
GUI• DLC cars and tracks will now remain selected between game sessions.
• Fixed a bug where some tracks with forced rolling starts was locking out the rolling start option after moving to a different track.
UDP• Extended joypad and dpad bitfields to include some extra buttons on steering wheels. Added ‘same class as player’ flag in participant info mSector field. Fixed a couple of issues with packet types 1/2 not sending at the correct rate. –
Project CARS was released on May 7, 2015 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The game was originally going to release for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U but these versions were later canceled.
Let us know if your seeing some improvements after this update or not in the comments below.