Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege has received a new update as servers were taken down to deploy this update. This update will patch the game to version 1.57 on the PS4 while the general patch version for the game is 3.3.1 on all platforms.
After installing this new update, there are some reports about the game experiencing input lag and frame drops so hopefully, it can be resolved as well. The most important change is for the Team Kill Bans which has been updated.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Update Version 1.57 [Patch Notes 3.3.1]
TEAM KILL BANS
The team killing penalty for a first offense will be adjusted from a kick to a 30 minute ban. Initially, if a player was team killed in Casual, the offender was kicked from the match. The same situation in Ranked would result in a kick as well, but also triggered an abandon penalty. This was confusing because it seemed as if the team killing punishment was different between Ranked vs Casual.
The new breakdown is as follows:
First offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes Second offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 1 hour Third offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours. Fourth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours. Fifth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days. BUG FIXES
- Fixed – [PC][PS4][XB1] A number of crashing issues across all platforms.
- Fixed – [PC][XB1] Cannot use melee for a short while after using prone.
- Fixed – Players are able to take the defuser through the walls.
- Fixed – Throwing C4 on an electrified wall will not destroy the nitro cell on contact.
- Fixed – The bullet casings are ejected forwards when firing the AR-15.50 weapon.
- Fixed – Clash’s Shield can be deployed while crouched.
- Fixed – Clash’s CCE shield can clip in the arm and clip in the pistol.
- Fixed – Clash is able to fire her gun before weapon appears on screen.
- Fixed – In the loadout menu charms are not equipped in the same place as during a session for Clash’s CCE Shield.
- Fixed – When a player is killed by the CCE shield, the generic death icon is displayed instead of the taser shield
- Fixed – [PC][XB1] Clash’s CCE shield is clips through partially broken barricades when rotating.
- Fixed – If the attackers drop the defuser, Smoke can move it by throwing his gadget on it.
- Fixed – Players are able to throw gadgets outside during the prep phase via the floor of 2F Bathroom.
- Fixed – Inconsistency between thumbnail icon and preview for Buck’s Grim Sky BDU.
- Fixed – Non-purchased items have the ‘set as active’ option.
- Fixed – Error message present in the pop-up modal when 2SV is active.
- Fixed – Pressing enter multiple times while the title is loading will cause the title to start a situation with the 2SV pop-up still on the screen.
- Fixed – All the Six Major Paris Charms appear with a placeholder model.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is available now for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.