The new update for Red Dead Online Beta is out now and you can play a brand new gameplay mode on PS4 and Xbox One.
Rockstar Games has released a new Red Dead Online Beta update that brings a new mode called “Gun Rush.” This mode is basically inspired by the Battle Royale genre. In this gameplay mode, “you’ll put your survival instincts to the test, gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks in this new mode for up to 32 players.”
Sounds familiar, right? There are two variations available to try here with both team-based and free-for-all making the cut in this Gun Rush mode.
Rockstar Games has also outlined the changes that they are hoping to bring in with the upcoming content updates to the game.
- Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
- Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
- Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
- Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
Additional content that will be included in the future updates to Red Dead Online is not just limited to gameplay changes but new missions as well.
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
- Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…
Red Dead Online will remain the beta phase for a few months as Rockstar Games plans to test it out further before releasing the final public update to the online mode.