Remnant: From The Ashes update version 1.09 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the full patch notes for this update.
This update includes a new game mode, communication wheel, quality of life improvements, and more. Get the full patch notes for this update below.
Remnant: From The Ashes Update Version 1.09 Full Patch Notes (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- New Mode: Added Hardcore (permadeath) option
- New Feature: Added Communications / Ping / Emote System
- New Rewards: Added 6 new items (rewards for Hardcore Mode achievements)
- New Rewards: Added Emotes (3 base emotes, additional Emotes as gameplay rewards)
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Settings: Added the ability to hide helmet (Gameplay > Show Helmet)
- Settings: Added the ability to hide Tutorial Prompts (Gameplay > Tutorial Prompts)
- Character Creation: Added ability to skip tutorial
- Gameplay: Changed Scope option to Double Tap + Hold RMB/L2 (to facilitate Comms wheel)
- General: Added the ability to support account-bound items (including the new Hardcore and Emote rewards)
- General: Added another character slot
- General: Many tooltip descriptions have been updated for clarity and accuracy.
DEVELOPER COMMENT: One of the most-requested features was “Hide Helmet”… so now you can! We also added the ability to disable tutorial prompts which is extremely helpful when making new characters or playing the new Hardcore Mode. In addition, you can completely skip the tutorial sequence.
Additionally, to best support the new communications wheel, we adjusted how Scoping works. This allows players on console to have a dedicated ping button which can be used while aiming. We found it to be a fair trade-off. Players on PC can re-bind the original scope functionality on a button should they so desire.
- General: Added public session browse
- PS4: Fixed matchmaking for Power Level 20 players
- PS4: Fixed “Session is Full” error
- General: Removed minimum crit range on all weapons
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We’ve decided to revert this change until we have a better solution for players using weapons intended for long range at closer ranges.
- General: Many armor values adjusted (generally no greater than 1-2% up or down)
- General: Increased the speed and recovery of Light, Medium, and Heavy Rolls
- Elder: Increased healing effectiveness of Dragonheart vs NPCS by 100%
- Elder: Increased Believer buff significantly (from 20% max to 35% max)
- Osseous: Increased damage ramp-up speed
- Osseous: Increased damage ramp-down delay (damage remains higher for longer)
- Osseous: Decreased damage ramp-down speed
- Void: Reduced Power Transfer time from 10s to 5s (regain damage buff faster)
- Leto: Increased the overall resistances of Leto’s for all elements and status
DEVELOPER COMMENT: We feel that most of the armors are in a good spot for different playstyles but we wanted to ensure that the focus of each primary damage-related armor is enhanced. While the effectiveness of Radiant has served as our baseline (and remains so) we’ve made a few tweaks to Elder, Osseous, and Void to give them a stronger unique identity.
- Seed Caller: Increased base damage from 20 to 50
- Seed Caller: Reduced power cost from 500 to 400
- Beckon: Increased base damage from 15 to 40
- Beckon: Reduced power cost from 500 to 350
- Iron Sentinel: Increased base damage from 4 to 5
- Iron Sentinel: Increased power cost from 600 to 750
- Tentacle Shot: Removed soft-collision (to reduce blocking issues)
- Tentacle Shot: Increased power cost from 350 to 400
DEVELOPER COMMENT: As promised, we’ve increased the overall effectiveness of the summoning playstyle. In addition to significant buff to Elder armor (from 20% to 35% max damage), we’ve also increased the base damage of 3 of the 4 core summons. We also removed the soft-collision on Tentacle Shot which allows enemies to get closer to them and take more hits overall.
ITEMS / TRAITS
- General: Adjusted many Trait & Item values to better coincide with heavier reliance on items/armors
- General: Fixed an issue with Shadow Walker Trait not activating properly
DEVELOPER COMMENT: Since our Trait system allows players to have all of the bonuses at end-game with no tradeoffs/choices, we are gradually reducing the massive gains from Traits and shifting more of the benefits towards items. The goal is to bring back more choice in your loadouts and allow Traits to be smaller boosts.
- Gave the Wasteland Goodboy a nice bath. He immediately proceeded to roll around in the dirt, and is just as happy as ever.
Remnant: From The Ashes is available now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.