Resident Evil 2 Remake has been official confirmed to be in development by Capcom for a while but so far we know very little about the game itself. Here’s where Resident Evil fansite RelyonHorror come in with some juicy rumors before the game’s much expected reveal at E3 later this month.
According to the post, the game will be the best looking title in the series so far even going as far to rival the likes of God of War. There’s also going to be some visual changes and with the gameplay of course but stay assured as horror is set to be the main focus.
Here’s the details summed up (via NeoGAF):
- The game will run on an improved RE Engine with an impressive lighting engine
- The game will be aiming for a solid 30fps at 1080p on a standard PS4 and 60fps at native 4k on a PS4 Pro. Apparently the engine has a dynamic resolution when going into different rooms to help performance.
- The game is designed with 4K in mind, Meaning that the assets will be in Native 4K resolution
- Apparently going to be the best looking Resident Evil game.
- The camera is OTS but “stylized”…I guess we will find out soon enough.
- It will use a photogrammetry scanning Technology just like RE7 , but they state that they learned a lot from the Chris fiasco.
- Claire will have a different outfit while retaining it’s familiarity
- Capcom had brought in outside contractors who have worked on RE2 and RE4.
- The game will include campaigns for both Leon and Claire, but despite the two campaigns the games length will be much longer than the original with additional areas.
- Game sticks to horror and survival horror elements
All of this sounds really exciting but I’m not sure about them changing Claire’s outfit, I mean it was really iconic for the time and long time fans will surely miss her red biker attire, here’s to hoping for alternate costumes!
What do you think of the rumors? There’s been steady rumors leaking for the past few months so the game can’t be far from reveal right?